At Towne Properties, we love what we do. When we were still a young company back in the 1960’s, we realized that our residents wanted more than just a place to hang their hat. They want to enjoy a sense of community. To belong. To love where they live. So for us, it’s not just about building and managing apartments. With every project we build, and in every community we manage, our goal is to create a sense of community and become part of the bigger community, the neighborhood, the city, and the region. Becoming an integral part of the communities in which we operate is two-fold. The first element is giving back to the community to support others both on a corporate level and a grass roots level with our residents. The second ongoing initiative is giving back to the planet by incorporating green initiatives wherever we can.
Great Places to Give
Giving isn’t just about a company writing a fat check to a charity. Although we’re proud of the support we provide to ArtsWave, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (we were their first corporate team in 1998, and have been an active contributor and fund-raiser since then), and United Way on a corporate level, Towne Properties is most proud of the grass roots fundraising by our associates and our residents. From Beck’s Bakery bake sales to Crawl for a Cure our associates and residents have raised tens of thousands for charities throughout all the metropolitan areas in which we do business. And every year our residents help us give back through our annual Great Places to Give campaign. Here is how we give back at The Lofts at Shillito Place:
Towne Properties is proud to have constructed Cincinnati’s first LEED certified apartment community at DeSales Flats in East Walnut Hills. But “being green” or “going green” encompasses so much more. Energy and water efficiency improvements can save our residents money while also having a positive impact on the environment. So from making our apartment homes more efficient with LED lighting and low flow shower heads and commodes, to community gardens and recycling, we encourage each community to choose its own path and invite participation among its residents. Here are some of the steps taken at The Lofts at Shillito Place:
- All common area lighting (including parking garage) has been converted to LED
- Added water bottle filling station in new Fitness Center renovations to encourage reusable water bottle usage
- Added multiple digital displays throughout the building to get away from printing flyers for resident events
- Provide free recycling pick-up at all four buildings for residents
- Installed new domestic and fire suppression water pump at Shillito reducing energy consumption by 50%
- Have purchased and will install new domestic and fire suppression water pumps for Gramercy and Greenwich by the end of the year. Groton will be completed in early 2019. All reducing energy consumption by 50%.
- Have setup new Leasing Center to avoid needing paper applications, etc.
- All ancillary rooms (restrooms, laundry rooms, trash chute rooms, etc.) are now equipped with timers or occupancy sensors to avoid lights being left on when not in use.
- Hosting DownTowne Silent Disco where all proceeds will go to LLS.
- Will have DownTowne Team in the Next “Crawl for a Cure” to benefit LLS.
- Setup Amazon Business Account connected to Amazon Smile account to benefit: BESA.